Giallongo Also Wins Scarlino
31 May 2009
Benedetto Giallongo on Value Team, after their success in the first stage of Lerici, confirms another regatta win in Scarlino, the second event on the 2009 Audi Melges 20 Sailing Series.
This win for Giallongo's Value Team comes with authority, resisting the attacks brought on by the entire, 17-strong Audi Melges 20 fleet at the Club Nautico Scarlino.
Granite: This is the adjective best suited to describe the current level of Benedetto Giallongo crew that does not seem to show any weakness, and even at times of greatest difficulty, he manages to shake off the trouble, always closing one of the first places in each race. The end result is a perfect balance between the right tactical choices, superior boat handling and speed. Over the course of six races conducted, Giallongo's worst finish was a fourth.
Giallongo also preserves his strength and leadership position in the overall circuit ranking.
The final results find, in second place the name of Claudio Recchi on Team 93. The crew managed to bring Recchi beyond a single point to beat Luke Domenici on Mefisto after a very tough start in the final race.
The other victory in the first of three races on the final day goes to Renato Vallivero on Turnover that, for only a moment took away the joy of the all-girl sailing team helmed by Luisa Bambozzi on Trouble Makers.
The next Audi Melges 20 Sailing Series will be on 20-21 June in sweet Malcesine on Lake Garda.
Full Results (After 6 Races)
1. Value Team - Benedetto Giallongo - 2,2,2, (4), 3,1: pt.10
2. Team 93 - Claudio Recchi - 3,4,4, (5), 1,2: pt.14
3. Mefisto - Luca Domenici - 1, (9), 1,3,7,3: pt.15
4. 3Menda - Federico Albano - 6,1,3, (15), 4,4: PT.18
5. Turnover - Renato Vallivero - 4,8,6,1,2, (9): pt.21
6. Cincin - Lauro Bonaria - 7.5, (8), 6,8,5: pt.31
7. Satan - Dario Levi - 9.3, (10), 8,6,6: pt.32
8. Lin Be Sailing Team - Luca Lalli - 5,6,7: PT.18
9. Bela Vita - Alessandro Molla - 8,12,5,13,5, (14): pt.43
10. Trouble Makers - Luisa Bambozzi - 15,10,12: pt.37
11. You 20 - Marco Morina - 11,7,11,10, (16), 8: pt.47
12. Action Team - Francesco Martino - 12.13, (14), 7,9,13: pt.54
13. Hot Air - Alessandro Rombelli - 10.11, (16), 11,14,10: pt.56
14. Performance Sailing - Michele Tognozzi - 13,16,9 (18DNF) 12.18 DNF: pt.68
15. Bloody Melges 20 - Nicholas Saidelli - 14.14, (17), 12,17,12: pt.69
16. Lucifero - Andrea Falciola - (17), 15,13,14,13,15: pt.70
17. Leviathan 2 - Mirko De Falco - 16, (17), 15,16,10,16: pt.73
Read Full Reports