Benedetto Giallango Hangs On To Win The Debut Audi Melges 20 Sailing Series Event In Lerici
5 May 2009
The beautiful region of Lerici offered perfect conditions for the final day of racing at the inaugural Audi Melges 20 Sailing Series 2009.
Although the mistral blew with peaks of 20 knots for the 15-strong Audi Melges 20 fleet. Giallongo Benedetto remains at the top of the list after Saturday's successful win. With a scoreline of 1-(4)-1-3, Benedetto and his Value Team Audi Melges 20 are Lerici Champions.
In second overall, was Luca Lalli on Be Lin Sailing.com. Saturday was a disaster with an eleventh place finish. A full redemption was on tap for Lalli as he took two bullets and a fifth on Sunday. In third, was Giuseppe Cavalli on Leviathan as he triumphed over fourth place finisher Luca Domenici on Mefisto, and Renato Vallivero on Turnover in fifth.
The Audi Sailing Series continues next weekend, also in Lerici as it will be the turn of the International Melges 32.
The Audi Melges 20 will return to the Sailing Series in Scarlino, Tuscany on May 30-31.
2009 Audi Melges 20 Sailing Series, Event No. 1 : Final Results (After 1 Event of 5)
- Bendetto Giallongo; Value Team
- Luca Lalli; Lin Be Sailing Team
- Giuseppe Cavalli; Leviathan
- Luca Dominici; Mefisto
- Renato Vallivero; Turnover
- Francesco Martino; Action Team
- Lanfranco Cirillo; Fantasticaaa
- Federico Albano; Mende
- Alessandro Rombelli; Hot Air
- Alessandro Molla; Bella Vita
- Marco Morina; You 20
- Luisa Bambozzi; Trouble Makers
- Nicholas Saidelli; Bloody Melges 20
- Andrea Falciola; Lucifero
- Giuseppe Pontremoli; Trike